ALBUM : ANGELS AND DEMONS
ARTIST : PETER ANDRE
GENRE : POP/ DANCE / EDM
DATE RELEASED : 2012
For those who are still ignoring Peter Andre as too generic and doesn’t have a style of his own will be in for a big disappointment as finally released an excellent album that would silenced hard core critics. Fans of course would be delighted with this 2012 offering as it has all the elements of a good pop album. Here is a track by track review of this album.
- What A Girl – while his trademark of aping Michael Jackson is still there, this song is a testament that he is a good dance singer. This song is like a Michael Jackson meets Neyo, Usher, and Chris Brown.
Watch lyric video of “What A Girl” here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ievMblQf9Y
- Bad As You Are – this song will make you wonder why pop fans did not patronize this album. This song is better than what radio forced on their listeners. In this song, you can tell that Peter Andre was really determined at that time to improve his craft. Yes, his vocal quality is quite thin but still he managed to sing this song excellent; it’s more than a ripple and not terrible.
Watch promo video of “Bad As You Are” here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR0nQiUm4Ms
- Angels and Demons – what can I say with this song is that you can never really take away from him cheesiness.
- Fly Away – one thing that we could find fault with Peter Andre is his insistence to perform ballads and this song just proved that he is just a tolerable performer because of the limited range of his voice. The song is alright though but this song could have soar had it been performed by more competent vocalist.
- Don’t Be Afraid – this song could gave Chris Brown a run of his money. Again, here is another dance track that would again prove just how good Peter Andre when it comes to dance tunes.
Sing along to the lyric video of “Don’t Be Afraid.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ll4Y4RaVGM
- Make Her Mine – this song is like his own “Mysterious Girl” meets Michael Jackson’s “Human Nature.” That’s just how good this song is.
Listen to a remix version of “Make Her Mine” here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkTTEovrB6w
- Not A Love Song – sounds like a filler song; nothing great as if you are listening to boy band reject.
- X – if you think that this song is quite experimental for him, think again. This is a bad song for him actually. Again, he should have stick to what he does best.
- Don’t Give Up – listening to this track would make you imagine his live performances and you can say that he would create very lively and energetic performance for this song. This song just pulsates and vibrates the right way.
- Ignition – the intro of this song sounds like Moloko’s “Sing It Back” but, as a whole, this is like a Jason Derulo track.
Listen to “Ignition” here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sk9uLB150
- Analogue is Dead – has an infectious beat never mind the lyrics.
Listen to “Analogue Is Dead” here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyFRL5uoWkc
- Lift The Sky – really, it was not a good move on his part to end this album with a song that sounds like a Boyzone track; you know like “A Different Beat.”
The overall vibe of the album is infectious, throbbing, and pulsating that is you limit your listening time with the upbeat and dance tracks. Though, the ballads are not bad but it is just not his forte. With that, I will still gladly rate this album with 4 stars for proving his critics that Peter Andre really deserved to be in this business.
1 stars = Ignore it
2 stars = risk it
3 stars = borrow or buy it
4 stars = buy it and keep it
5 stars = buy, keep, and treasure it