ALBUM REVIEW : AMETHYST
ARTIST : TINASHE
GENRE : R AND B
DATE RELEASED : 2015
This singer reminds you of Toni Braxton when she started out her musical career. Tinashe has the same sultry factor Ms. Braxton had based on the songs in this record. You will appreciate this record as it has been a long time that one hears a sexy record without being too forceful in terms of vulgar lyrics and orchestrated oohs and aahs inside the song. While she might sound like Rihanna, you will feel that she did try to avoid sounding like here by controlling her voice and make a sincere vocal performance.
The good songs in this record are;
- Something To Feel – sexy song very good musical background for romantic interlude.
- Wrong – some kind of reggaeton but not too upbeat.
- Wanderer – very ambient thus it is a good song to relax.
- Worth It – has some 90’s groove like good old songs of Brandy and Monica.
- Just The Way I Like You – some kind of experimental, feels like a war song based on the musical background.
As a whole, this is a good album. With 4 songs that are very nice to listen to, I rate this record 3 stars out of 5 stars.
1 star = Ignore it
2 stars= risk it
3 stars = borrow or buy it
4 stars = buy it and keep it
5 = buy, keep, and treasure it