ALBUM REVIEW : NOEL GALLHAGER
ARTIST : CHASING YESTERDAY
GENRE : ROCK
DATE OF RELEASED : 2015
He can’t help it if he has some songs like “Riverman” and “Revolution” that sounds like “Wonderwall” and any hit songs from OASIS. But credit to his talent, he can indeed create songs that can be considered as his own not with any musical influence from his former band. Anyway, here are some interesting songs in this album.
- “The Right Stuff” is quite ambient musically which is surprising considering that many of the songs in this album are reminiscent of any OASIS songs.
- “The Mexican” is musically well structured however, the lyrics is not so; it is akin to just bubbling of words with no sense of direction in terms of ideas.
- “You Know You Can’t Go Back” just proves that he can actually turns his back on OASIS influences and create his own brand of music.
- “Ballad of The Mighty” has nice guitar riff and very eighties, in fact you can mistook this one as a Duran Duran song during the eighties. It is another song that proves he is beyond OASIS.
- “Do The Damage” sounds like a Rolling Stone song in terms of musical style especially the guitar background.
- “Freaky Teeth” is indeed freaky and can be construed as an explanation of what is happening right now with his brother Liam.
- “Leave My Guitar Alone” is a damn if you do damn if you don’t song dedicated to you know he. In this song, he might telling that person, you can have all the credits for success but give some slack and render unto Caesar what is to his and give what is due to him.
Over-all, the album has a good vibe and some good songs, I say this one is definitely worth buying and I rate this 3.5 stars out of 50 stars.
Note: Image from noelgallalger.com who owns the copyright.
1 star = Ignore it
2 stars= risk it
3 stars = borrow or buy it
4 stars = buy it and keep it
5 = buy, keep, and treasure it