Artist : Barbra Streisand
Genre : Pop / Traditional Pop
Date Released : 2002
If you are looking for a perfect gift for your mother, aunts, or elder friends, this record will surely charm them. They know for sure who Barbra Streisand is and definitely they have listen to some of her popular songs. With so many albums to her credit (at least more than 50 including compilations) the choice can be intimidating. Here are some good reasons why this is a good holiday gifts for people that you know who are into traditional pop:
• It is Barbra Streisand and you can never go wrong with her as she has a voice that can sooth your brain even if you are not familiar with some of the songs she sang.
• The album is star studded as it gathers her famous duets with some of the popular singers in their own time like Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Barry Gibb, Donna Summer, Johnny Mathis, Frank Sinatra, and many more.
• It is basically listening to radio when you play this record as many of her hits are included in this compilation such as “No More Tear”, “What Kind of Fool,” “Guilty,” “Tell Him,” “I Finally Found Someone,” “Crying Time,” and a lot more.
• It is basically a nostalgia trip as she has songs from the fifties up to the nineties included in this album; what a trip to memory lane indeed.
• The record is a living proof just how versatile she is. She can sing dance tune, a little bit of country and a little bit of rock and roll, she can duet woman to woman as well, and you have Broadway and old soundtrack. Her milestones are captured in this record through her duets with famous singers.
You cannot say that this is her best album since this is a collection of duets. But, as for a compilation album, definitely this one ranks as one of the most cherished collection of all times.
I rate this record 4 stars out 5 stars.
1 star = Ignore it
2 stars= risk it
3 stars = borrow or buy it
4 stars = buy it and keep it
5 = buy, keep, and treasure it